Fall is in the air and there is no better time than fall to explore Reidsville, NC.
Perfectly situated in the center of North Carolina, Reidsville enjoys ideal temperatures throughout Autumn. Cool mornings and nights paired with sunny days helps you pack in all the top “to dos” on your list.
Come for a day or stay for the weekend, either way, we’ve got the top 10 things that are sure to make you fall in love with Reidsville on your next visit.
1. Lake Reidsville - At the top of the list is Lake Reidsville! A beautiful lake offering the best in outdoor recreational activities, including kayaks, paddleboards, canoes, disc golf and more. One of the favorite activities here is fishing. It is a great spot where you can venture out in a boat or bring your gear and drop in off the dock. It is fun for the entire family.
2. Camping - Also at Lake Reidsville, but deserving of its own listing, are the campsites. Take in the gorgeous colors of the fall canopy while you enjoy marshmallows by the fire at the RV hook-up ready sites or go old school with tent sites and reconnect with nature. There are a number of amenities including basketball, a playground, amphitheater, walking trails and, of course, all the activities mentioned above at Lake Reidsville.
3. Art Tours - Our family-friendly art tour offers a feast for the eyes and food for the soul. Vibrant and passionate works of art are sprinkled along the downtown corridor on our art driving or walking tour. Each piece is powerful and moving, maybe it is the color of the piece that brings a smile to your face or the meaning behind the art that impacts you. This tour is not to be missed.
4. Toymakerz Tour - Get a shotgun seat and meet the people behind the hit series, Toymakerz, as well as The Fast Society. The tour features ten locations throughout the City. You can go to our website (riseupreidsville.com/toymakerz), to see a map of the locations that will guide you on your tour. At each site is a sign with a QR code that will give you info about the location as well as show a clip from the show at that site. From the website, fans can send an email to Toymakerz to sign up for an in-person tour of the shop and meet some of the crew.
5. Friday Night Lights with the Reidsville Rams - Winners of 22 State Championships and counting, the Reidsville Rams have earned the town the nickname of NC’s Football Town, and if you are visiting in the fall, we encourage you to come and cheer on the team. The games are always packed full of excitement and energy that transports you back to simpler times where a night of football, a hot dog and a cold cola is all you need to be happy!
6. Historic Homes - If you are a fan of architecture, Reidsville has some wonderfully restored homes, including a few used for events and weddings that will take your breath away. There’s also an opportunity to purchase some of these homes and take on your own renovation project. Come explore downtown and enjoy a walk back in time.
7. Culinary Delights – Reidsville has a lot of places to tickle your taste buds, one of our favorite places is Celtic Fringe, which offers patrons the experience of a traditional Irish Pub complete with a Shepherd's Pie that is the talk of the town.
8. Reidsville Showcase - at the historic Rockingham Theatre serves up some of the best entertainment around, featuring musical legends such as Pam Tillis and Gene Watson, as well as crowd favorites like The Malpass Brothers and Lonesome River Band. Come into town and have dinner then head over to the theatre for a great show!
9. Brick Artwork at Market Square - Local artist Brad Spencer has brought brick to life in his amazing and moving sculptures that can be seen throughout Reidsville. The largest collection of sculptures can be found at Market Square, an open air pavilion that hosts movies, concerts and a weekly Farmer's Market.
10. Last, but not least - the people of Reidsville, otherwise known as the Team Reidsville community. This warm and welcoming community goes above and beyond to continue to improve and add to the attraction of this amazing City. That’s why in recent years so many have relocated to Reidsville and call it home. Being a part of this community is special, and paired with great weather, conveniences of a big city, simpler living and affordable housing options for all budgets, it’s easy to see why this City is becoming more and more popular.
Come visit us in Reidsville and fall in love like so many others. Visit our website at RiseupReidsville.com for resources to help you plan your trip or visit our Roam Reidsville app on mobile for up to date happenings and events.
Looking to make a move? Download our Relocation Guide to find out more.